Sound environmental management is good business
The Cawthron Marlborough Environment Awards are held every two years to showcase businesses or community projects that are good for the environment.
The Awards are open to any business, community group or individual working in Marlborough. Judges are looking for entrants who protect and enhance the environment and use resources and energy efficiently.
The Awards are run by a charitable trust and are supported by the Cawthron Institute, Marlborough District Council, Department of Conservation and local sponsors.
The judges are looking for good environmental practices and projects that inspire others. Your entry may focus on one project or part of your operation, or the whole enterprise.
Depending on your entry, the judges will be curious about:
- Innovative practices and problem solving
- Efficient use of water, energy and labour
- Impacts on soil, water and air and how they are dealt with
- Waste management and disposal
- Weed, pest and disease management
- Landscape and conservation values
- Awareness and protection of biodiversity
A few tips for this online entry form:
- To start, you will be asked to create an account. We recommend you do this as it allows you to return to your entry form before submitting.
- After Question 8, if you want to return to your entry at a later date, click Save and Quit. Otherwise, click Submit
Any questions or problems with your entry form? Contact the Awards Co-ordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph 03 570 5233